Static World, aka The Best Discord

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Static World, aka The Best Discord

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 pm

I post here far too much, but I gotta do it anyway. Static World is the best Discord fanfic I've ever seen. I don't really make statements like that lightly, so I'll just summarize here. Static World is Discord at his finest, a story of him manipulating the hell out of everyone in the setting in order to get himself back into power. His finer moments include:

Spoiler:
Manipulating Twilight and Luna to fall in love with each other so Bitch!Celestia will try to banish Luna, causing her to go all Nightmare Moon and destroy Canterlot in their battle, then he takes away Celestia's powers, causing her to go mad from the revelation (did I mention he did all this while a statue and orchestrated his own escape?), and then puts an Amulet of Silence on Celestia, preventing her from apologizing or explaining. He then shows up in a few days when the world's freezing over and , having previously made a deal with the Mane 6 to not use his powers in exchange for the EoH not being used on him, makes a new deal to raise and lower the sun in exchange for full chaos powers. As long as he keeps the sun going correctly they can't use the EoH on him.

During this he's the most charming bastard you've ever seen. Some fics have a good Discord, but they're few and far between, and normally he appears for not that long. In this, he's practically the star of the show, and he does it admirably.
In conclusion, best Discord story.
XantalosoftheXanalok
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 2838
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Xantalos
Spells:
Experience:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Static World, aka The Best Discord

Post  Necro910 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:28 pm

XantalosoftheXanalok wrote:I post here far too much, but I gotta do it anyway. Static World is the best Discord fanfic I've ever seen. I don't really make statements like that lightly, so I'll just summarize here. Static World is Discord at his finest, a story of him manipulating the hell out of everyone in the setting in order to get himself back into power. His finer moments include:

Spoiler:
Manipulating Twilight and Luna to fall in love with each other so Bitch!Celestia will try to banish Luna, causing her to go all Nightmare Moon and destroy Canterlot in their battle, then he takes away Celestia's powers, causing her to go mad from the revelation (did I mention he did all this while a statue and orchestrated his own escape?), and then puts an Amulet of Silence on Celestia, preventing her from apologizing or explaining. He then shows up in a few days when the world's freezing over and , having previously made a deal with the Mane 6 to not use his powers in exchange for the EoH not being used on him, makes a new deal to raise and lower the sun in exchange for full chaos powers. As long as he keeps the sun going correctly they can't use the EoH on him.

During this he's the most charming bastard you've ever seen. Some fics have a good Discord, but they're few and far between, and normally he appears for not that long. In this, he's practically the star of the show, and he does it admirably.
In conclusion, best Discord story.
Sounds pretty good, I might give it a read. If I remember. And if I'm not being lazy.
Necro910
Celestial Companion
Celestial Companion

Pony Pals : 8621
Friendship Lessons : 11

Pony Profile
Name: Necro
Spells:
Experience:
9/0  (9/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 am

XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XantalosoftheXanalok on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 am

Update notification in case anyone's reading. There are so many references and subversions in this chapter that it was awesome.
Buh. Can't be eloquent. Read. Is good.
XantalosoftheXanalok

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:
10/10  (10/10)

View user profile