Int 37
Per 30
WP 31
Fel 32(10)
SR 0

Traits: Resourceful, Just Try Me, Trauma, Loss

Assets: Common Sense, Sexy Voice

Drawbacks:Chronic Pain, Hoarder

Skills: Common Lore(Second Impact), Medicae, Command, Literacy, Charm, Evaluate, Scrutiny

Talents: Cut Synch, Skill Proficiency (Twice), Melee Weapon Training (General), Basic Weapon Training (General)

Zearoth
Foal
Foal

Pony Pals : 2043
Friendship Lessons : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Neon Caballus Evangelion

Post  Dsarker on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:06 am

Welcome to the team!
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Pals : 3036
Friendship Lessons : -9

Pony Profile
Name: Dsarker
Spells:
Experience:
99999/100000  (99999/100000)

View user profile http://mylittleponyforum.infodiscussion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Debesh on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:12 am

Pretty high density of Impact Survivors here :p
Welcome aboard!
Debesh
Oppressed Proletarian Earth Pony

Pony Pals : 2288
Friendship Lessons : 12

Pony Profile
Name: Debesh Unnos
Spells:
Experience:
11/15  (11/15)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Current log.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/NeonCaballusEvangelion.Mibbit_.log
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  JaxtalMK2 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

OK so here is a transcription of the first session of our game, I have taken some artistic liberties with the logs, but the actual base is the same.

spoilered for length:

“Unidentified contact approaching. Blue field pattern detected,” rang the commander’s voice through the entry plugs.

“We gonna go kick it in the teeth?” Bristle asked, seeming strangely relaxed for the situation he was in.

“First thing first, I’d like to know is where the thing is. Can’t kill something you can’t find,” Airborn said. ”Can we at least get a sector for the thing?”

"Pilots, target is in sector B15, and it’s...." The commander paused for a second. "It's heading directly to Canterlot-3."

The pilots launched. In the distance the Angel continued his advance on Canterlot-3. Its size was imposing… as were its features. Finally reaching the surface the pilots got their first good view of the Angel.

----------------------------------------

“What the hell,” muttered Airborn quietly, “my Eva seems kind of…stiff.”
Suddenly, the Eva completely stopped responding! It turned and ran, and all Airborn’s attempts to rein it in seemed to be useless. “Dammit, what are you doing!”

“Wow, did he lose it already?” asked Grey. “That didn’t take long.”

“Don’t know what’s up with him,” Bristle responded “but we don’t have time to figure it out, we’ll just move out without him.” He started to head off towards the Angel.

Another voice came over the comms. “Um, pilots, you might want to wait for it to get closer to us. No sense getting out of range of the umbilical cables.”

“Right, the umbilical,” said Bristle, almost sounding embarrassed at forgetting something so basic.

“Do you think we should wait for Airborn, sir?” Grey asked, stopping for a moment.

“He should be able to keep up,” replied Bristle, stopping all the same. “If he keeps running, we’ll just have to fight the Angel without him. You OK with that, kid?”

“Yes Sir!”

“I said turn around!” Airborn yelled, struggling with the retreating Eva. The Eva started to respond slightly. “Ah, finally, now to get back to the others.” With the Eva responding correctly again, he started to run back to the group. “Returning to battle sir, friggin’ Eva bugged out on me.”

Grey didn’t believe him. “Yeah yeah, pull the other one,” As far as he was concerned, Airborn was a coward who had just lost any respect he might have been given… and any sympathy.

“Right, right. Sure it did,” The commander wasn’t buying it either. He’d seen enough soldiers lose it in battle. He was sure that Airborn was just covering, however continuing to antagonize wasn’t going to help anypony. “Target is closing, 1 km out and closing.”

The three began to move out again, preparing their AT fields to deflect any incoming fire. Curiously though, the Angel began to slow… almost as if it knew of the umbilical’s maximum range, and was purposely trying to avoid allowing the pilots to fight without exiting it.

“So, is somepony gonna get it’s attention?” asked Bristle.

“It slowed down… I think we already have its attention,” said Airborn. “Damn thing needs to move faster though…” As if the Angel could hear him, it suddenly stopped moving. “Goddammit, the thing is toying with us!”

The Angel raised one of its arms, and a beam surged forth, striking the ground near the three. “You just HAD to say it!” yelled Grey, as the beam exploded into a shaft of light. Anyone watching from orbit would have been treated to an amazing sight as the beam formed into a gigantic shining cross. Back on the ground things weren’t so pretty. “Argh!” yelled Grey as the blast breached his AT field, and armour.

“You OK, kid?” asked Bristle.

“I…I’m OK sir,” Grey replied, “Just some minor damage, I can continue.”

“He’ll be fine,” said Airborn, “after all it didn’t even scratch either of us. Come on, we need to take the bastard out before he pulls something like that again.”

Bristle and Airborn started running towards the angel. “Hey MAGI, can we get a read on how strong the things AT field is?” Airborn requested.

The MAGI system returned a negative response.

“You’re supposed to be our friend, MAGI. I thought you loved me!”

If possible, an even more negative response was returned. It involved slights against Airborn’s parents, as an example.

“Heh, guess you just got told.” chuckled Grey.

”Quit chattering with each other and come kick this things flank!” Bristle shouted.

“Understood sir,” Grey said, raising his rifle “he should be well within range now…” he took a single shot. The round flew true, penetrating the Angels AT field, and striking it. However, the Angel remained standing, seemingly completely unfased by the shot. “Wait, did I hit or… how wasn’t it affected?”

The angel raised its arm, firing another blast of energy, this time aimed between Bristle and Airborn. The cross appears again… and breaks through Bristle’s AT field. The surge of energy ripped through his Eva’s arm, overloading the mechanisms, and making them fire off randomly.

“Gah!” Bristle yelled, the feedback making his foreleg feel like it was engulfed in flame

Grey, outside of the blast range, could only watch, helpless. “Bristle! Sir, are you all right?”

“Yeah kid… I’m fine,” Bristle said trying to regain his composure “That hurt a bit though.”

“You better be, we’re not done yet,” said Airborn, moving forward. “I’ll try to nullify it’s AT field, Grey take a shot!”

“You don’t get to tell me what to do!” Though he said it, he knew that the suggestion was a good one. Sighing he raised his rifle again, “aim a bit, breathe, one careful shot…”
The round sped towards the Angel, penetrating it’s weakened AT field, striking through it’s armour, and hitting it in the arm.

Grey laughed “Haha! Make it bleed!”

“Hey, look,” shouted Airborn, “we actually hurt it back!”

“Stupid… beam slinging… bastard,” Bristle said still winded from the blast.

“Good shot!” even the commander seemed mildly impressed “You did a bit of damage!”

“You know it!” shouted Grey, excited to have drawn first blood.

--------------------------------------------

“Bah, getting hard to control…” Bristle said to himself “But I can’t bow out now, the others still need my help.” He continued on towards the Angel, the pain beginning to disrupt his concentration, slowing his progress.

The Angel, however, seemed satisfied with its work and just stood still… watching.

“Don’t be creepy you stupid, ugly bastard!” Airborn shouted.

“Heh,” Grey chuckled, “I’ll make it squirm soon enough.”

“Creepy is kinda what they do best. Oh wait, that’s murdering ponies.” Bristle said grimly humorous.

“Hey Grey,” shouted Airborn, “Aim for the head! Blow its stupid alien brains out!”

“Does it even have a head?”

“Chest then smartass!”

Grey looked down his rifle “smartass huh, I’ll show you…” he said to himself, aiming carefully at what seemed to be the Angel’s head. “I see you, ugly.”

“Small target, huh?” asked Airborn

“Not small enough…” Grey muttered, firing his shot. The round sped towards the Angel, striking it right between what passed for its eyes… and bounced off harmlessly. “Bucking thing has too much armour!” he yelled, annoyed at the failure.

As the Angel watched the continuing approach of Bristle and Airborn, it raised it’s undamaged arm, pointing it at Airborn.

Recognizing that he was now the target, Airborn prepared for the blow. “Fuck.” In quick succession, a spear-type object punched through and hit Airborn’s Eva twice. However, The Eva’s armour held fast, and the blows did little more than scratch the paint. “What the hell,” Airborn said, sounding confused, “the damn thing just poked me.”

“It must like you,” Grey laughs.

“You wanna poke? I’ll show you a poke!” Airborn charged at the Angel, cutting free of the umbilical, and with a furious charge… completely failed to hit it. ”Damn cord, it held on too tight, jerked me off balance!”

“Sure it did,” Bristle said unconvinced.

“Yeah,” Grey chimed in, “I’ll bet that’s JUST what happened.”

“Please children,” the commander said, sounding somewhat frustrated, “this is not a toy.”

The Angel turned toward Airborn and, with what sounded almost like a laugh, attacked again. The spear shot forth again. This time though, Airborn’s AT field held, and the attack stopped short, doing nothing.

“Well well, looks like you’ve got a new best friend there, don’t you,” Grey teased.

“Mom! It’s touching me!” Airborn continued the joke, “or at least trying to!”

“Quit playing pattycake and smash that thing!” Bristle yelled

“Alright then,” said Airborn, raising the Eva’s axe, “we’ll see how the thing likes this!” the axe came crashing back down… right beside the Angel. “Damnit! I swear the thing moved!” Airborn yelled, obviously annoyed.

“Funny,” commented the commander, “that’s not what the MAGI say.”

“What is wrong with you,” Grey said stupefied that somepony could miss something that large standing that close, “you need glasses or something?”

“I knew I had forgotten something,” Airborn grumbled sarcastically,” Let’s see you do better!”

“Whatever,” Grey sighed, aiming again. The blow from Airborn’s axe had sent a cloud of dust into the air, but he focused on where the Angel’s undamaged arm should have been. “Let’s stop this foolishness right now,” he said, planning to take out the Angel’s last visible weapon. The round flew, past the cloud of dust... and the Angel, and smashed into a nearby skyscraper. Slowly the building started to topple… crashing into the ground.

“Wow,” said Airborn, “you just ruined more lives than this angel has.”

“What the buck is wrong with you!” yelled Bristle. “We’re supposed to be helping these ponies, not killing them!”

“I…I’m sorry sir…” Grey said, “I don’t know how I missed that badly.”

“That’s another two hundred million bits of collateral damage, pilot,” the commander screamed, “get it together or we’ll be making you pay for it!”

“YOU can get off my back,” Grey shouted back, “the hell do you care anyway!”

“Because that’s another two thousand ponies dead!” The commander started to lose it. “HIT YOUR BUCKING TARGET!”

The Angel yet again struck out at Airborn, but the strike near its feet had loosened the ground, and it staggered, firing it’s weapon off into the ground instead of the Eva.

“Was I supposed to be there,” asked Airborn, “because I’m over here.”

“Hey,” Grey said, “at least it can’t hit either…”

“Well I’ll just have to thank it for missing,” said Airborn, squaring off to strike the angel again. The axe flashed through the air, smashing into the Angel, scoring a deep gash. “That’s more like it!”

“There we go!” Grey said, “My turn now.” He raised his rifle, but it trembled slightly in his grip. “Can’t miss like that again,” he whispered to himself, “take your time.” As he fired, the rifle jumped in his grip, and the round went wild, slamming into Airborn’s leg. Luckily, the armour mostly held, and the damage was minor.

“Dammit, I was standing on that!”

“Grey, who’s side are you on?!” Bristle yelled.

“S…sorry sir,” Grey muttered sounding upset, “he moved into my shot.” He added lamely, trying to come up with some excuse.

“Now who’s bullshitting?” Airborn replied, knowing full well that Grey had a clear shot.

“Whatever, kid,” Bristle said, unconvinced. “My turn to show this thing what I’m made of.” He gripped his spear tightly and thrust it straight into the Angel’s head. The Angel, undamaged by this assault, fired off its beam, point blank.

“What! I thought I disabled that!” yelled Grey. The blast grew, and shook the ground, punching through Bristle’s armour, and wounding his Eva. “Bristle! You OK?!”

“Yeah kid, I’m fine,” he responded. “This thing is scratching the finish though.”

“Good, you’re OK,” Airborn said, “now let’s finish this fucker!” The axe arced through the air again, but the ground shifted under the Eva’s feet, causing the axe to stick fast, deep in the earth. “Dammit! My blade’s stuck!”

“In case you didn’t know, the enemy is the big mech thing,” said Bristle in a monotone, still keeping his humor, “not the ground.”

-------------------------------------------

Grey quietly started to shake in his entry plug. “I missed twice… how did I miss…” he murmured off the comms. “I can’t let Bristle down, I can’t miss again, I can’t.”
“Come on, kill his ass Bristle!” Airborn’s shout rang out, bringing Grey’s focus back to the battle, and the others’ actions.

Back on the field, Bristle was setting himself up for another strike. He gripped his spear tightly, and thrust it forward through the Angel’s head. It penetrated easily and caused its head to begin looking like it was having trouble holding together. “That’s right, DIE!” yelled Bristle, hoping that this was the final blow.

Unfortunately, that was not to be. The angel raised its arm, trying to skewer Bristle’s already damaged Eva. But Bristle’s strike had destroyed the Angel’s vision, and the blow went wide, completely missing its intended target.

“Heh, now it really won’t be able to hit us,” Airborn said, “not with that splitting headache.” Airborn chuckled at his pun.

“Less punning, more stabbing, Airborn.” Bristle said.

As they spoke, the Angel’s face started to crumble away, and another one started to show through the cracks.

“What, another head?! Did the attack even do anything or… wait a second…” Grey started to remember something. “Airborn, watch your power levels you idiot, you’re almost dry!”

“Suck it, man, I’m too busy actually killing this thing.” Airborn abandons the axe, still embedded in the ground, and draws his progressive knife. “I’ll just wreck it with my last strike.”

The knife flashed through the air, slashing down on the angel. As the blow landed, Airborn’s entry plug went dark, the Evangelion finally running out of power. The Angel stood fast, the knife having done nothing, not even enough to give it pause.

“Idiot… well, it’s just you and me now sir…” Grey said.

“Think you can hit the thing, kid?”

“Yes sir. But Airborn would have to run out of power right in the way…” Grey took a deep breath steadying his gun, and fired again. The round sped toward its target, slipping between the two blocking Evas and striking the angel cleanly. Even with that display of marksmanship, the round bounced harmlessly off, the Angel continuing to show it’s toughness.

“What caliber is that thing kid? You’d have better luck sneezing on it!”

“Sorry sir, that thing is really tough.”

“You pilots have no idea how frustrating it is to watch you out there.” The commander said, surprised at the continued failure.

“Is it as frustrating as it is to actually be out here?” Bristle replied, not too thrilled by the commander’s tone

“Hey commander,” Grey added, “there’s a lovely short pier nearby, how about you go take a long walk on it.”

Blows continue back and forth between Bristle and the Angel, neither being able to strike a solid hit.

“Sir,” Grey said, “you need to get back to the umbilical, if you go dark as well...” he paused for a bit. “If you can move the Angel away from Airbon’s Eva I might be able to get a good shot.”

Bristle backed away from the Angel, careful not to leave himself open. Quickly, he spun his Eva around and began to run back to the Umbilical. “Now let’s see you keep up!”

the Angel made another laughing noise and charged after the retreating Eva, slamming into it and bringing it to the ground. It placed its hand directly on the Eva’s chest, and fired off the spear again. The Eva’s armour held... if only just, and it took one last swing as the last of its power drained away. The powerless blow barely touched the Angel, slowly it stood back up, and turned to Grey.

“Dammit, fine!” Grey yelled. “Take this then!” He brought his rifle around and sprayed a full clip at the Angel. Every last round stopped dead as it hit a suddenly fully powered AT field.

“That’s it,” the commander said, finally sounding defeated, “we’re dropping an N2 mine.”

Suddenly the screen in Grey’s entry plug went dark, and a sign appeared, glowing red in the darkness.

“MISSION FAILED. SIMULATED DEATH TOLL: ENTIRETY OF CANTERLOT-3. EVA UNITS INCAPACITATED IN BATTLE RECOVERED WITH MINIMUM DAMAGE."

------------------------------------------------

“I would be less embarrassed if the sim hadn’t been on the lowest difficulty level,” the commander said.
It was 15 minutes after the complete failure of a simulation. The pilots were all gathered in the briefing room, and the commander stood before them, furious at the disgraceful performance.

“The Angels you will encounter in the field will not be that stupid or easy to fight.” The commander’s anger and disappointment was obvious. “If you act like that during a real battle, you will be lucky to come back in one piece.”

“When will the next simulation be?” asked Bristle.

“Simulations will begin once your new operations director gets here,” the commander responded, “and I hope he’s far more competent than you lot.”

As the Pilots filtered out of the briefing room, Gray looked to Bristle. “A new Ops director huh... I wonder what he’ll be like.”

“Who knows,” grunted Bristle, “but we’ll find out, won’t we.”

Last edited by JaxtalMK2 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 am; edited 19 times in total
JaxtalMK2

Pony Pals : 2187

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BowlSoldier on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:06 am

Ah, shame. This has already started. I just finished randomly watching the TV series of this, as it happens (that ****ing ending), and would have loved to join in with a bit of this, but it's already started I see. Give me a shout if a place clears up, in any case. Time to go see if I can find a subbed version of the movie, with an ending that actually makes some form of sense.
BowlSoldier
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 2089

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:09 am

Having a sixth player wouldn't be that bad. If nothing else, means we can have a sub Razz
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  drilltooth on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am

mesa's charsheet:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hZGd2w03Qne28XMDd6pFkJPU8zszA8bIZSWp5bWLZ24/edit

Last edited by drilltooth on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:47 am; edited 2 times in total

drilltooth
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 2098

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BowlSoldier on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:21 am

Huh, if you've really got space, do you mind if I join then? I'll just need a bit of time to actually make a character first, never played Dark Heresy rules before.
BowlSoldier
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 2089

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:23 am

Go ahead!
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Slag on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:54 am

We've got time thanks to a holiday-based hiatus. You'll have a few days to catch up, and you might consider learning the lore of Neon Genesis Evangelion, too, just so you won't be caught completely unaware.

Delusional Alicorn
Delusional Alicorn

Pony Pals : 4190
Friendship Lessons : 8

Pony Profile
Name: Cherry Pop
Spells:
Experience:
69/99  (69/99)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dsarker on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:31 pm

In 27 hours, approximately, the hiatus will be over.
Dsarker
BANNED

Pony Profile
Spells:
Experience:

Back to top Go down

Post  Khenal on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Alrighty, so the new version of the system came out, and I'm told we're updating. So, here's the new Bristle and Aegis.

Easy linky

Bristle, Earth Pony Impact Survivor

ws 43
bs 27
s 33
t 32
ag 33
int 29
per 37
wil 32
fel 28
sr 41

Wounds:17

Insanity: 15

Traits: Resourceful, Just Try Me, Traumatic Childhood, Loss

Dissorders: Minor Flashbacks

Drawbacks: Innept (Fellowship), Short Fuse, Suicidal

Assets: Fearless

Starting Talents: Guardian, SUP x1, Wup x1

Advances: WS Basic, BUP x2, SR basic, SUP x8, WUP x4, WS Intermediate

Eva-01 "Aegis"

Berserk Style: Master

History: [REDACTED](Photosynthetic)

Construction: Rescue Charges

Mutation: Extremophile

Soul: Calm

BUP(2): Toughness boost

SUP(9): Heavy Armor I x4, Weapon Rack

WUP(7): Progressive gyroweight hardened Spear (1d10+3, breach +1, pen 6, +5 ws to attack, can half-aim as free)
Khenal
Pony
Pony

Pony Pals : 2130

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaxtalMK2 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:42 am

Here there will be the transcription for the second session, for now though, a teaser. I will be taking some artistic liberties, but I will keep to the spirit of the session.

Da story:
Quiet came over the briefing room. Airborn, Grey, and Bristle were there, examining the stranger that stood before them.

“So, you’re the new Ops Director? Care to introduce yourself, sir?” Airborn asked casually.

“I’m Tarus,” The earth pony said. “All you really need to know is that when I say something, you should listen.”

“Understood, sir,” Airborn said, sitting up a bit straighter.

“Yeah, sure,” Grey said, unimpressed, “as soon as you give me a reason to.”

“Name’s Bristle Palisade.” Bristle stood to something resembling attention. “I take it this isn’t a social call, sir?”

“That’s right, we’re running another training simulation. After yesterday’s performance, I see there are a lot of kinks that need to be worked out.”

“Sounds good,” said Airborn. “I’d like to do that over again.”

The pilots move over to the simulation plugs, Airborn climbing into one of the simulators without any hesitation.

“Into your sim, Grey,” Bristle said, opening the hatch to his own. “We’ve got pretend angels to hurt.”

“Yes sir!” Grey slid into his sim and closed the hatch.

Bristle looked at the closed hatch with a strange look on his face, then shrugged and prepared himself for mock combat.

Tarus walked over to the main screens, opening a line to the pitots as he did so. “Pilots, I’ve been asked to warn you that all the mental safeties have been turned off. If you take feedback this time, it’s going to hit you hard, so try not to get hit.” Red letters flash across the screen.

[SIMULATION LOADED, PREPARE LAUNCH]

The pilots prepared themselves for battle, the launch rails powering up. However instead of launching the Evas into battle, the rails sparked and wined, then went dead.
“Hurray,” Bristle said, “launch problems. Already off to a great start.”

“Dammit. We won’t be launching anytime soon... whats our ETA, sir?”

“I’m not sure, Airborn,” Tarus said. “We’ll get you running as quick as we can.” He looked over the screens. “Alright, what are my options.”

“We have four tank squadrons, sir, as well as well as two VTOL squads,” responded one of the crew. “Deploy points are on the display. You might also want to decide on Eva deployment areas, for when the launch rails are repaired.”

“I see them.” Tarus opened a line to the pilots, “I’m going to send in some tank squadrons, I’ll send you the video feed. Choose your launch points, and we’ll get you into the fight as soon as we can.”

“Where should I go, Bristle?” Grey asked.

Bristle was surprised at the question. Why would Grey be asking him? But if he wants advice... “Take G8 kid.”

“Understood... thanks.”

“OK, deploy two squadrons at D9, and two at C8, and have them prepare to fire on my command.” Tarus looked over the map again, watching the Angel continue it’s advance. “We have to slow this thing down, maybe we can even soften it up a bit for the pilots.”

“Tanks deployed and ready, sir. VTOLs are reporting that they are still in transit to the battlefield.”

“Have the tanks open fire, but be careful. Until we can get the Evas launched, these tanks are the only thing standing between us and a pissed off Angel.”

----------------------------------------------

The tanks turned and fired, the salvo breaking through the Angel’s AT field. The Angel just shrugged off the impact, turning toward two of the squadrons. The tanks vanished in a flash of light and simulated screams. The remaining tanks fired again, but their rounds still only thudded into the Angel, to no effect. Another burst of simulated screams, and the final tanks were no more.

“That was COOL!” Grey said excitedly.

“Anything but.” Tarus shook his head, looking back to the screens. “Are our VTOLs in attack range yet?”

“Yes, barely.”

“Have them move a bit closer and fire a missile burst.”

“Sir.”

----------------------------------

“So, Bristle,” Grey started nervously, “do you mind if I set up at a supply point? I should still be able to cover you.”

“Sounds good kid. Think you can actually hit this time?”

Grey winced a bit at the reminder. “I’ll try my best sir.”

“Just remember your training,” Tarus said, trying to encourage the colt. “Slow breaths, and aim for the core.”

“I wasn’t talking to you,” Grey said darkly. The last thing he wanted was this idiot thinking he didn’t know how to fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The VTOLs finally reached firing range, firing a barrage of missiles at the Angel. Explosions covered every inch of the Angel, obscuring it in a cloud of smoke.

“Every missile hit!”

“Did we get it?”

Suddenly from within the smoke something moved... a spike shot out, retracted, and shot out again, skewering the VTOLs, destroying them completely.
“Well, glad this is just a sim,” Airborn said, “we just lost all our base defences.”

“Meh,” Grey said. “They’re replaceable.”

Bristle shifted around in his entry plug, ‘Dammit, I need to get out there. We need to destroy that thing.’ His thoughts were cut off by Grey’s remark. Replaceable... did he really think that? “Knock that shit off kid. In the real world, that’s a lot of dead ponies.”

Grey frowned, thinking about Bristle’s words. ‘What’s the matter with that... They’re just simulations, and even if they weren’t, not like we know them... why does it matter? But if Bristle thinks it does, then...’ “S-sorry sir...” He said, sadly.

Tarus sighed. Last thing he needed was the pilots getting distracted. “Save the arguing for later. The angel needs to be your focus for now.”

The pilots began to move out, Grey towards the supply point, the others toward the Angel.

“I hate these umbilicals,” Bristle said, “I’ll have to swap to get in range...”

“You’ll learn to deal with them.” Tarus responded.

“I still hate ‘em. Sir.”

Grey smiled, “That’s why I love my rifle, I don’t have to move much.”

Suddenly, another of the Angel’s cross blasts erupted, right on top of Airborn! The blast tore through the Eva’s AT field and armour. The burst of energy overloaded the Eva’s visual sensors, blinding Airborn momentarily.

“Holy buck! You alright, Airborn?” Bristle yelled.

“That looked like it hurt...” Grey said quietly.

“I seem to have lost my head for a second there,” Airborn joked.

“You must be, only healthy ponies joke like that.”

Tarus looked over the screens. On one the collateral damage costs continue to tick up. He sighed. ‘At this rate I’m not sure we’ll have a city left when they’re done.’
JaxtalMK2

Pony Pals : 2187

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Char sheet.

Post  Zearoth on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 am

Here's the link to Tarus Dawning's character sheet, as per request.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AUKDOHw_KMHi5Oux0ST0r1jNui-Y3tqMiWPb8Ael8lc/edit?hl=en_US

Zearoth
Foal
Foal

Pony Pals : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2